I have done a number of blog posts which include images from our family. These are:
- Comparison of Kitty’s DNA with other cousins from the article “We have results from a first cousin”
- Comparison of Skjold-Wold side cousins from results from another 2nd cousin
- My 23andme basics tutorial includes another comparison of my brother and myself as well as a table of my matches with my second cousin Dick.
- My post about my double third AJ cousin has the image and chart of her matches to my close family members
- Ancestry composition images (recolored) for my family from 23andme’s tool
Below is a picture of the matching segments from Shipley versus Kitty that show both half identical as well as fully identical. This particular comparison tool is under “family and friends” > “traits” > “genome view”. Remember each chromosome is a pair so for Shipley and me to match completely identically in a particular spot we would have to get the exact same segments from each parent. Sometimes we did, sometimes we are half identical and sometimes we don’t match at all. We have about 50% of the same DNA.To give a comparison here is how Kitty and her second cousin on the Munson side Dick Larkin match up: